So I just learned about this game that supposedly teaches people English by watching clips of awesome movies of the 80s.
via feitclub at Twitter:
A little more digging led me to find out that there’s an entire series of this for the PlayStation, probably using shoddier MPEG1 technology.
From what I can gather, the series is called “Cinema Eikaiwa,” or “Movie English Lesson.” These instructional games are developed by a company called Success, and there are about five of them in Japan, according to an Amazon listing.
This is the list of games that are included in that search listing, in an unnumbered list.
- Short Time– A 1990 comedy film starring Dabney Coleman, Matt Frewer, and Teri Garr. (The one on top). 天国に行けないパパ
- Wuthering Heights (1992) – Based on the book by Emily Brontë. Edit: Thanks peanut gallery! 嵐が丘
- Day of the Living Dead– The George Romero zombie film, third in a series. Titled “Zombie.”
- “The Innocent” Anthony Hopkins and Isabella Rosellini. Known in Japan as “the End of Love.“
- This Boy’s Life– The 1993 Leonardo DiCaprio film. ボーイズ・ライフ
- Interceptor– A 1993 movie about a U.S. Air Force officer determined to stop a bunch of terrorists from stealing some fighter jets. インターセプター
If there’s more write about it yourself.